Sunday, April 7, 2013

A Cup of Coffee

This afternoon I walked to Ellicott City for a cup of coffee at the Bean Hollow. My stroll took only four hours, with time for the coffee and some photography. I started at the Union Dam tunnel beneath the Rt. 40 bridges over the Patapsco river in the Hollofield Section of the Patapsco Valley State Park, and walked south along the river and the rails of the CSX / B&O Railroad Old Main Line. After a nice stop stopover at the Bean Hollow I walked back. I started at 1:45 and finished at 5:35, just in time to drive home for dinner. A beautiful day for a walk. In the photo above you can see the Ellicott City B&O Railroad Museum in the center, with the low sloping roof, just to the right of the rails. Here's a nice little map.



No comments:

Post a Comment